No, not the Webb's. We decided to go to the park and feed the ducks today with the bread we left at home when we left for the beach. In addition, we thought we'd add some fun by getting ice cream for everyone. They enjoyed it, but boy was it messy! I packed the car with my camera and the bread before work today, so I was prepared! I called my great friend Joy who is the mommy of my future son-in-law. The important thing to know is that Kendall has her pick of many boys in the M*ville area. I am pretty sure ALL of my friends have boys except for a select few, maybe even just 1 or 2!!! Alas, Drew and Kendall started school together, where their love blossomed quickly. Drew made a good first impression and Kendall made her choice obvious. Her current favorite bedtime "story" is her photo album from school. She points and says everyone's name in a sweet voice, until we get to Drew...it is a high-pitched squeal of delight..."DEW"!!! We had so much fun today...the boys did boy things while Kendall cried about getting her hands sticky from the melted ice cream. We walked, fed the ducks, "beep-beeped" in the tunnel and put on an impromptu talent show on the outdoor stage (the judges decided it was a 3-way tie!). We love our time with good friends and seeing the kids enjoy themselves wholeheartedly! What puts a smile on your face more easily than seeing your kids in situations of pure, true joy? Running in an open field after eating ice cream certainly falls under the category of "pure joy" as a child (and an adult, right?!).
Drew is a pure gentleman...he knows we don't allow kissing yet, so he's getting Smokey to do his dirty work!
We're in the tunnel here, saying "beep-beep" instead of cheese. It got their attention better than "cheese." With some pretty active toddlers, you have to get creative!
The boys enjoy working together, doing "man work" like moving brush. The City of M*ville would be proud to have citizens that help with park clean-up!

Broadway

ain't go nothin' on M*ville
This pretty much sums up the afternoon... sticky face, chocolate-covered shirts and loads of silly smiles!
3 comments:
My votes for the red head for obvious reasons.
Thanks so much for commenting and giving me your blog address! I love all your pics, and getting to see Cooper and Kendall. How old are they? They are so cute! What fun these kids are! I want to see some pics of you sometime too! Glad to see you're doing well too. Maybe now we can keep "in touch" better. HOpefully I can keep up with this blogging thing:)
OH WHAT FUN! We drove by the park on our way home today with "Dew" yelling from the backseat .... DUCK ... BED (I think this is supposed to be BREAD) and NENDALL!.... I hope that we don't have park withdrawals every day. Oh well --- I guess we will just have to do it more regularly!
THANKS SO MUCH!
Post a Comment