Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dave, Lost Bets & Other Weekend News

A big Happy Birthday to the new Dad in the family, David W., tomorrow! I won't mention exactly which one it is in case he's having trouble with it. I will say, though, that I had my 30th birthday about a year and a half ago and that just happens to be how much younger Dave is than I am. Here is a couple of pictures of our visit with Baby Sam last night. Hopefully he was nice to his Mommy and Daddy and had a good first night at home.


As promised, I wore my "Gators" shirt to tennis this morning. Luckily for me, there were no rules for the t-shirt I had to wear. I think the words were that I had to wear a "Gators shirt." Therefore, I had a friend monogram a shirt for me that simple said "Gators" at the top and then in bright VOL-orange, it said "I Lost A Bet!" Lenny didn't say too much about it and everyone got a good laugh. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to bet on the UT/Auburn game. Pretty soon I will have the entire UT schedule on the front of my shirt (I'm using the same shirt and a Sharpie may be involved!). Yes, in case you are wondering, I indeed HAVE learned my lesson and will no longer be choosing UT in any games this season. In my heart, I believe we can beat Northern Illinois next week, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.

The "rule" was that a picture had to be involved. I followed thru, but didn't feel the need to tell Lenny you couldn't really read my shirt very well!

Speaking of UT football, we had a few friends over to watch the Vols play very badly against Auburn. The Painters came and got a good idea of what a house full of happily sugared-up kids looks like! Kendall's fiance Drew was here with his parents as well and Cooper, Kendall and Drew kept themselves easily occupied with marbles. We had our eyes on them most of the time to make sure no one swallowed them, but we didnt' do a good job of making sure Cooper didn't throw them! Drew allowed his Smokey Dog to do his kissing for him a couple of weeks ago, but not this week! We thought this might make a good picture in their wedding slideshow!

Cooper didn't like it however. He quickly took notice of the smooch and dove in for the tackle. What a good big brother!

1 comment:

Joy said...

OH MY ... that is the cutest Webb Family ever! Little Sam is fitting in well with his precious disposition.

Thanks for making the crazy UT game seem so much fun with a playdate of orange and "duddle doozie" cookies!