Monday, September 22, 2008

Florida Weekend

It deserves it's own title in my blog, it really does. I can't remember the last time it was ever so hard to be a Tennessee fan as it is today. I also can not remember ever leaving a game early while with Terry Webb, but we did on Saturday. It was borderline embarrassing and for it to be Florida was just salt on the wound. For those of you not following SEC football, we got killed on Saturday and they might have been being nice.

We had a great weekend for the most part. We gave Miss April enough money for this month's car payment b/c she came both Friday night and Saturday night. We made plans for Friday long before vacation and we weren't thinking about the two long days we would be gone. Luckily, the kids ADORE "Miss Apple" and are totally fine with us leaving. With April, we usually get pushed out the door by the kids. We enjoyed a very relaxing evening out on the lake on Friday and then dinner at Emma's restaurant at Choto Marina (hint, we're not raving).

Sunday was almost TOO relaxing. When we got home from church the kids were begging to play outside even though Chip and I were starving. The weather was pretty much perfect in my opinion. Cooper got to "rest" on the couch before going to a 2:00 birthday party for his friend Abram at a new indoor putt-putt place in M*ville. I stayed home to let Sleeping Beauty get her rest. Then we stayed outside the entire afternoon. I think I came close to falling asleep a couple of times sitting in my chair...it was that great outside!

I brought my camera to the UT/FL game, but for whatever reason I didn't feel compelled to take any pictures. Here's a picture from the previous week...a WIN against UAB.



After the UAB game, we picked the kids up and had dinner out with Grandad. Kendall celebrated the Vols only win so far this season with a big plate of pasta, which, as you can tell, she thoroughly enjoyed!

I see potential here! Cooper had a blast at Abram's golfing party!

2 comments:

Will said...

Darn. You don't have any pictures of the Florida game. How will I ever remember that ghastly performance?

Glad the Wild Wild Webbs had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Summer, I am so glad you are blogging! I should probably start too! The kids are adorable. Would you believe I've only seen Kendall once? It's sad. We love you guys and really should spend more time together!

Love,
Anna, Mike, Hailey, and Lauren