Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All Vols Go To Heaven

It's true. I have to believe it. Life is kinda tough in East Tennessee still today. I lost a very bad (on my part) bet while at tennis Saturday before the hard-to-mention Florida game. Coach Lenny is what I call an Anti-Vol. Not sure why, I just know he loves to rub it in when the Vols lose. I wasn't going to be stupid, wasn't going to give in to any of his threats and requests for bets, but it got a little heated (it's a mainly men's clinic and they love a good fight) and the next thing I know, I'm agreeing to wear a GATORS shirt at tennis this coming Saturday. Well, since I have that painful experience yet to come, the kids and I dressed in our best ALL VOL tennis attire on Monday for a trip to Centre Court.It's important that we rub it in that we are true TN fans and love them no matter what. When we got home, I have to admit, I was quick to change my clothes, but the kids love their orange! Daddy was playing in a golf tournament yesterday so we played outside all afternoon with all the fun neighborhood kids while enjoying the weather. Then we headed to out to eat pizza with our neighbors Ms. Sherry, Nathan and Stephanie.

You can almost hear "good ole rocky top" in this photo of the 2 playing catch w/ the little yellow ball.
And in this one I hear "climb every mountain..." Kendall loves to climb up the hill and then slowly, carefully shuffle her way back down, to do it all over again.
Cooper enjoys practicing his gymnastics moves. He's got the forward somersault down pat!
Here Cooper is playing a game I had never heard of where he yells words I can't understand and then falls, rolls, and puts his feet up to the sky. He had to be quite itchy when this long game in the grass was over.
You can't beat these smiles! What a PERFECT afternoon in our neighborhood!


1 comment:

David MySky said...

Wear a Gator shirt? OUCH! That would be like me havin' to wear a Yankees shirt! And I went to FSU, too!