Wednesday, September 24, 2008

That makes me sick!

We've seen better Wednesdays around the Webb house. Cooper was a tad under the weather today, if you consider "tad" to be throwing up and sleeping on the floor. Coop just wasn't up to school today so he and I headed home and hunkered down in the basement where he proceeded to throw up all over his blanket (very traumatic for one still attached to a blanket). After that was over he decided, for whatever reason, that the floor was more comfortable than the couch so he snuggled up between the couch and the ottoman and slept for over two hours!! I might need to try that the next time I can't get to sleep. Kendall arrived home around 4 and Cooper was better by then.

Great news, well, I guess...my dad is in the hospital with some kind of mean bug that has him horribly dehydrated (that's not the "great" part by the way!!!) which means he's now sharing the hospital with Emily (my sis-in-law) who is hoping to have a baby sometime on Thursday. I imagine my dad will be ready to leave as soon as possible but Em will be willing to stay for a good week or so while the nurses take fantastic care of her and my new niece (ok, or nephew, but I'm sticking with niece. I've been pretty good at being an aunt to little girls...I think). You're always ready to have the comfort of your bed, etc. when you've been gone...except after you've had a baby...you hardly get to feel the comfort of your own bed except for about an hour at a time and there aren't paid nurses there to help you care for your newborn! There weren't for me, anyway! Luckily we got to go out to eat last night with Uncle Dave and Aunt Emily for the last time without three kids running around...only two. Cooper had collected pine cones at my grandparents earlier in the day and insisted on bringing them in the restaurant. He marched up and down the aisle, telling all about his pine cones. Fun for him, only slightly embarrassing for the rest of us.

I hope to start a new section of my blog...Cooper's Quotes. There are usually plenty, as is normal with a 3 yr old, so it shouldn't be a problem. Today, after we came upstairs from the "sick basement" Cooper told me he needed "new water" because "I don't want my hurting water." I asked, "why is it 'hurting water' and he said "my belly was hurting. that's my hurting water."

Below is a video from happier days. Last week we enjoyed a long afternoon outside where Cooper and Kendall had fun playing and laughing on the porch swing.

2 comments:

Will said...

Well, it looks like your family's living up to the blog name.

Hope Coop is doing better, and we'll be thinking about your dad and sister-in-law.

We're a call away if you need anything (except we don't clean up other kid's vomit - family policy, sorry).

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have got the "blog" thing going! Cute video! Good to see you at Wal-mart!Christina