It's true, Samuel was born today at 1:59PM weighing 6lbs 7.8ounces and was 17 1/2 inches long. Emily looks and seems to feel pretty good and they hope to go home sometime Friday afternoon.
Which leads me to today's addition of "Cooper's Quotes." I told Cooper this morning that Emily's baby was going to be out of her belly soon. He seems to have become a little bit bored with all this talk of "Emily's Baby" for the past 8 months or so, but we continued to discuss it anyway. He said to me "is the baby at Emily and David's house?" No. "When will the baby be in my bed?" For those that don't know, Cooper's sweet crib was passed down from Kori to Kali to Cooper and now to Baby Samuel. Cooper was pretty distraught for a while when he saw Daddy take his baby bed apart and store it against the garage wall. Later this morning (before Sam was born) while riding in the car, Cooper, out of the blue, asked from the backseat "mommy, do you think Baby Sam is out of Emily's belly yet?"
I guess Cooper will be picking our lottery numbers from now on! I kept dreaming that the newest Baby Webb was of the female variety, but alas, I should have had more faith in my smarty-pants son. Every time I ever asked Kendall about Emily's baby, she would just repeat the word "baby" over and over again. I think she's just excited to have a baby to snuggle and cover in blankets!
David is very excited to be a new dad!
The Webb clan, sans Cooper and Kendall who were snug in their beds, oblivious to the Webb Party at the hospital! They are invited to the next party tomorrow!
The proud Aunt and Uncle (and parents of BIG babies) say..."How do we hold a 6 pound baby?"
1 comment:
Oh so sweet! Babies are so sweet! Everyone looks supper happy! Congratulations Aunt and Uncle!
Post a Comment