Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sure of You

"Remember we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it is a comfort to go hand in hand." Emily Kimbrough




This quote jumped out at me rather randomly one evening while conjuring up blog posts in my head. I knew the perfect photos to put with it. Sad as the occasion was, I can't complain about getting to spend the better part of a week with uncles and grandparents that I just hardly ever see. There is a strange comfort you get from these lifelong relationships, these people who you hardly ever see, some you hardly speak to other than something typed into a computer or a phone. I was somewhat (but not really) amazed at how much my heart seemed to fill up when I was around them. Much of it, of course, had to do with the sadness of the week and what it all meant for them all to be here. However, much of it was also that peace you feel when you're around people that just make you feel loved and comfortable and safe. Those people who, without trying, can make you feel like you're wrapped in a warm blanket. While the week of my father's death, his funeral and his buriel was the most difficult week of my life thus far, there was also this peacefulness that came along with it, too. Just the reminder we all needed to let us know that no matter what the world hands us, as a family, together we can handle it.














Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."


To my amazing family (all of you), I am so, so sure of you. I thank you for the blessing that you are to me and the comfort that you give me.

No comments: