Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Ariel Dress-Up Party

As promised in our Halloween post, Kendall determined her 4th birthday party theme approximately last April when we were putting the finishing touches on Cooper's 5th birthday party around the corner. As she is a typical 4 year old girl, she loves all things Disney Princesses and has no feelings in particular for Ariel over the others. But by-golly, an "Ariel Dress-Up party" was the theme. This worried me a bit, seeing as how Kendall has all of about 4 girlfriends and about 2 dozen of the boy variety. Much like last year's Tinkerbell movie night party, we got it figured out just fine. Kendall and 2 of the 3 girls at the dress-up party. We had to get creative, for sure.

The Party Crew. Not a bad looking bunch (when they're dressing up! Ha!).

Kendall and Drew. There is just something I find magnificently fabulous about this picture. Not the least of which is the fact that we can totally use it in their senior slideshow.

Kendall and Cooper are posing for the first picture at the party. Cooper refuses to hold up 4 fingers for being "4" since, quite obviously, he isn't 4.
Kendall thoroughly enjoys a cupcake at her school party.
The family party. Finally, someone sees the humor in the trick candles!
I feel like I can actually SEE Cooper saying "when is MY party again????"
I had to slide one in here. I just love my typical Birthdays in Pictures blog I normally do and I needed a newborn baby fix for this one. I just happen to find her the cutest little swaddled-up princess I've ever laid eyes on. And what a little lady she's turned into. In our 4th year we've seen many, many changes in our sweet little girl. One of the ones that shocked me the most was actually the fact that we are shopping in the "girl's" section of stores for many of her clothes!! I believe that's one of the criteria for "officially becoming a BIG GIRL!" We're still seeing our fair share of drama and fits pitched, they are just done so with a better vocabulary and increased Beyonce-esque feel to them. Much like the pop diva (maybe, I don't really know), Kendall can turn on a dime if her pasta isn't just the right temperature or if her apple isn't sliced perfectly. She has also nailed the whole batting of the eyelashes and sweet kisses when she really wants something or if she can tell she's about to be in trouble. In year 3, that was still needing some work. Now she can melt my heart and magically cause tears down my cheeks with a little pat on my back and a tiny whisper of "Mommy, I love you so, so much." It's so fun to be 4 and so fun to watch it, too. I have a funny feeling she's going to continue to be the most wonderful, kind, and loving friend, sister and daughter a parent could ever ask for.
We continue to be blessed, that's for sure!

No comments: