So our kids tend to make decisions about things way in advance and actually stick to them. I'm serious here. Of course, NOT what they want to order in a restaurant or what underwear they want to wear on any particular day! Rather, the bigger decisions in life. Their birthdays are almost exactly 6 months apart and while planning one party, I can pretty much promise you the other kid will determine, and stick to, a plan for their next party in six months. This has honestly stood true for the past several years. So, it should come to no suprrise that if asked in advance by their parents (which rarely happens, unfortunately) they would know what they were going to be for the next Halloween if we asked them at Easter. This year, Kendall decided around January that she wanted to be a black and purple witch for Halloween. Then, Cooper decided he wanted to be a "storm trooper." When discussing costume ideas for Kendall other than being a witch, the word "princess" came up and it was all over. The purple witch was long forgotten and the quest for the Princess Lea costume began. We looked EVERYWHERE for that costume. It only came in a child's medium in every single store in East Tennessee. So, like every good mother would, I... no, I didn't MAKE one with a needle and thread, I bought a Cleopatra costume and totally rigged it with safety pins and scissors. But still, I consider myself a good mother here. Not entirely because of the costume though... have you seen that hair?!!
I promise you that's Cooper in there! Or, as we like to refer to him, Storm Cooper.
You may not believe me, but it was pretty much unplanned. Dave and Emily were seriously considering having Sam be Yoda and when we told them our idea, it went from "in consideration" to "absolutely must."
2010 was the year of Star Wars I believe! Again, totally not planned! Buddies and neighbors, Cody and Cade were a perfect addition and rounded out the Star Wars characters on our block!
Our obligatory Halloween-On-Front-Steps shot. I think they were a little tired at this point! Or coming off their sugar high. Probably both. I wonder if we'll make it to the Thanksgiving blog before Valentine's Day?
No comments:
Post a Comment