Monday, February 23, 2009

Cooper and the Map, etc.

We were visiting GG and Papa recently while Susie was still in town. Cooper and Kendall managed to get into the hiding space for GG & Papa's road maps of New England, Tennessee and every state inbetween. Here is a piece of a conversation I had with Cooper while we were looking at these maps.

"Mommy, this is Shark Lake right here (pointing to an actual lake in Tennessee).

Mommy, this is the Bird Thing (pointed to a State Park in Tennessee).

Mommy, this one is Fish Lake (another actual lake).

Mommy, we live here (pointing to a spot in middle TN).

After school, we go here (pointing to somewhere in Maine).

This is where we go to Scary Things (pointing to a rather large park of some kind in New England).

You and Chip go that way (I then ask, me and Daddy go there?) and he responds: NO! We ALL go that way...Grammy, Susie, Daddy, Vovo, Kendall, Cooper and April. Do you want to go with us Mommy?"

This reminded me that I have done a terrible job at keeping up with any "Cooper's Quotes" which I promised would keep coming at the beginning of my blogging. Sorry! I suppose my excuse could be that there are too many to keep up with! He is getting to be such a little man lately and the funniest things come out of his mouth nearly every time he speaks! He is truly a joy and the greatest fun we could ever have!

I was cooking spaghetti recently and Cooper asked, "Mommy, are you the food maker at the restaurant?" I told him that no, I was not. He then said "Well, I'm pretending you are!!! OK?"

We were recently getting ready for dinner and Cooper and Chip were having a conversation about the shrimp cocktail we were about to have. Chip was doing a splendid job of quoting Bubba in Forrest Gump...you know, the guy that repeatedly names every imaginable type of shrimp meal out there?! It went something like this...

Chip: "Fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo, shrimp kabob..."

Cooper: "Daddy!! I don't like Shrimp & BOB!"

If you don't get it, reread it out loud.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!!!

No comments: