The Webster's Dictionary definition of "bursting" is: "To come apart or seem to come apart because of overwhelming emotion." I now understand where the phrase "bursting with pride" comes from. Last weekend in Atlanta, we were simply excited to see Kori compete for the first time. We had not so much as seen her more than tumble in her front yard before last weekend (I am not proud of that, fyi!). We felt like a good aunt and uncle just to be driving down and spending time with her. I was nervous and excited to see her perform, not really knowing what to expect. Unfortunately, Saturday was not the CFO Predator's finest hour (or...2 1/2 minutes). However, the bursting with pride part comes later on Sunday, when those girls fought through injuries, nerves and fear to prove to themselves just how awesome they really are. I was so sad to leave before seeing them compete at their best, but so happy to see videos, pictures and hear stories from Sunday.
Kori, far left.
Kori brought Kendall her very own CFO bow. Her first of this size, in case you were wondering! Since we swam through naptime on Friday and Saturday, she was pretty much D-O-N-E by the competition's end.
The Webbs, sporting their Cheer Force One attire!
Kori Lee, we love you and are more proud of you than you could ever imagine!





No comments:
Post a Comment