Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Surely the Presence...

This is one of my favorite hymns and it came to me tonight while putting the kids to bed.

Tonight I was reading Cat in the Hat out loud in the playroom and Cooper was flipping through The Big Book of Bible Stories for Children while listening to me read (so I thought). He interupts me to ask, "Mommy, is God here?" I said "yes. He is!" Cooper then asked where exactly God was and I told him "everywhere!" A few minutes of silence from Cooper and he says again, "I think he's in the closet!"
While putting Kendall to bed tonight, I read one story and then she started singing. We sang a few renditions of Twinkle, Twinkle and then moved on to If You're Happy and You Know It. When I got to the final verse (If you're happy etc...shout HOORAY! for those of you that don't remember!), I shouted "hooray!" and Kendall threw her hands in the air and gave a BIG "AMEN!" She did this each time throughout the verse. Adorable.
This all reminds me, a few days ago, while riding in the car during a heavy rain, Cooper asked if God still made the rain. I of course answered "yes." He thought for a few moments and said "I like God for making it rain AND when he makes it sunny outside, too!"
God truly has a knack for reminding me exactly how much I love my children sometimes! Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.

3 comments:

Randy Hurst said...

amen...and a child shall lead them.

David MySky said...

This is a great shot of Kendall! I mean, they're all great, of course, but this one just jumped off the page!

Joy said...

OH SUMMER!!!

Chillie bumps and the whole nine yards! Why has it been over a month since I read this blog!?

I have missed you and this story is just one of the many reasons!

What a blessing this little blurb was to my day - you are the greatest!

joy