Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt I, 2009

Our friends, the Carvers (their blog found to the right on my list of friends' blogs...) hosted their first annual Carver Egg Hunt recently. The weather forecast for the Saturday afternoon they had planned the hunt was dangerous thunderstorms and possible tornadoes and the Carvers had no choice but to reschedule for the following day. As luck would have it (and just your average person's typical experience with the WeatherMan) at the precise time the original hunt was to start, I was driving with my sunglasses on and the temp in my car said 74. It could not have been more absolutely perfect for an outdoor event. The next day, however, caused the event to be renamed the First Annual Carver Eskimo Egg Hunt. It was windy, below 50 and gloomy...but the kids enjoyed themselves anyway! And Cooper was a close 2nd to the winner for the most eggs found!
Notice Little Sister's empty bucket. She just ran around chasing her friends and playing on the swings mostly!
One of the first eggs...he couldn't be bothered for a picture again!
There was a photographer there with live bunnies...the kids LOVED watching each photo session of their friends outside with the bunnies!


My new favorite picture of Baby Sam...I believe he was saying something like "Are you kidding me? I missed my afternoon nap for THIS? I can't walk, I can't talk, it's pretty darn cold outside and no one even let me so much as hold a stupid egg, much less eat any chocolate. Here's what I think of your egg hunt..." and then I snapped this picture.
Happy hunting...

No comments: