Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Atlanta Trip

We should probably just buy stock in a hotel or purchase our own downtown condo, as much as we've been visiting Atlanta the past few years! This time it was for a dental conference and we brought our staff with us. There were several long seminars, but we learned a lot and had a great deal of fun along the way! We drove down with three of the girls and spent almost every meal with those three as well. I was quite surprised at how much fun we had with each other the entire time!

We stayed at the Westin...I still miss the Westin's Heavenly mattress. I missed my kids during the 3 day trip, but those were the best nights sleep I've gotten in quite some time! The dark windows you see on the hotel are from the damage at last year's Hinman Dental Conference... No, not a wild Dentists party, but a tornado hit downtown Atlanta, killing 2 or 3 people, stopping play at a basketball tournament and cancelling the conference. Glad we weren't there!

Chip rockin' out at the Hard Rock Cafe



We witnessed the group singing/dance of "YMCA" twice at the Hard Rock and just had to participate the second timeWe got to see the Atlanta Hawks play the Dallas Maverick's...and WIN, which we heard was not a common outcome! Terrell Owens was also there, for you that follow pro football. I saw him deny two small boys his autograph, which pretty much describes his personality in a nutshell!

4 of the 5 girls...If we had stayed one more day, Chip would have surely lost his mind surrounded by all those women!

No comments: