Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friends, Another UT Game & a Birthday Party

We've had a slow blogging week. I think most of you already know that Chip and I have had a busy week and have our thoughts in other places right now. Thank you all so much for you thoughts and prayers in addition to grandparents helping with the kids! We got some much-needed time to ourselves this weekend which included a couple of meals out, shopping and just time alone. I can't exactly remember the last time we had that! So...a big thank you.


Last weekend, on Friday morning, I had my great friends Julie and Christina over and their kids Cody, Cade, Emma and Lydia. Sweet Madelyn was in school during all the fun. We baked and decorated cookies, enjoyed lunch and some serious play time.


The kids were very interested in what the dogs were doing outside! Not surprisingly, this was the only shot of all five kids, minus Cade, that I got all morning.



Cody and Cooper wanted one of the race tracks put together. Julie told them we needed daddies here to do that. So, Cooper took matters into his own hands and went and dug out the instructions. He'll learn soon enough...daddies don't read the instructions!


We didn't find a sitter for the UT game last weekend, so Kendall and I stayed home while Cooper got to attend his second game of the season, this time with Mimi and Grandad, too.


Another great shot of Cooper and the other Vol fans. Thanks to Daddy for taking pictures for me in my absence.

We always seem to be missing one Webb (and Sam...maybe next year). Maybe before the season is over the four Webb men can attend a game together. At the same time. Notice again that Cooper made it until the end of the game with little or no problems.



Sunday afternoon was the perfect afternoon for an outdoor party...cool, but perfectly warm in the sunshine. So we headed to our friend Price's house for his second birthday party. Price got a new swingset for his birthday, had an inflatable castle of fun and loads of other activities. We are thinking of having Kendall's party at the Davis' house next month! If only they would let us! It was a great weekend, once again.

Cooper and Ty are really great kids. Apart. Together...not so much. This is a very innocent-looking photo. The rest of the photos I have of them are pretty much nothing but well-documented trouble.


You may remember Kendall and Drew's first kiss in our basement during a UT away game. Apparently, they like each other. I don't know what concerns me more...the kissing or that Drew doesn't keep his eyes on the road at all times when driving w/ my daughter in the car.

No comments: