Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's Up, ButterCup?

It's not too often I drive by a house and say to myself, "gee, I am so, so glad they haven't mowed their yard." But, every spring since we've lived in this house, I say it when I pass Mimi's parents' house across from our neighborhood. The sweet little buttercups grow about 100 times faster than any regular grass and it couldn't look more beautiful on a warm sunny day.

Naturally, I see those millions of little yellow flowers and immediately think "Photo Op." So last weekend when Chip forced himself to mow our yard, I packed the the camera up and bribed my kids with whatever it took to try to convince them to take some pictures. The pictures, they refused, but the ride there, they did not.
Mamaw and Papaw's ButterCups. I can't possibly be the only one that looks at these and remembers being in 3rd grade, rubbing one on your friend's chin on the playground to see if they like butter??
The Ride. Somehow Chip rigged it so the wagon, aka "Kendall's Chariot," was hitched to Cooper's Jeep. Obviously, she was enjoying the ride.
Kendall finds a ladybug. Excuse me, TinkerBell finds a ladybug. Remember, "choose your battles." TinkerBell, woods, fields...buttercups. It all goes together just fine.
I got one picture of each of them. One. As you can see, Cooper's sidewalk wounds have healed nicely and today there is no evidence of the accident whatsoever.
We were there for all of 10 minutes. After 2 minutes of hiking thru the flowers, Kendall waved the white flag. She missed her chariot.

No comments: