I can't figure it out, but for some reason, I find that someone, somewhere, is trying to convince me that my sweet, sweet baby boy is turning into an official Big Boy this week. Could it be the John Deere birthday party? The preschool graduation? The Kindergarten testing? The 5 year well-visit? Goodness. All of the above is happening in the first part of this week and I don't know whether to laugh, cry or run away. It's amazing how quickly 5 years will pass. Several people have attempted to convince me of this fact over the years, but I quickly dismissed every single one of them in hopes that "easier" days would come soon. As all parents out there know, there is no such thing. I don't exactly regret ever wishing the younger years to pass, but I certainly appreciate every moment I get to hug and kiss his sweet little cheeks. Before he realizes he should be embarrassed of it in public! I will miss the younger days with Cooper, for sure, but I am so excited for what is to come. He's growing into a well-behaved, courteous, intelligent little BOY who will enter kindergarten in less than 3 months (Ouch. That hurt.). I shed several tears watching him in his cap and gown tonight at graduation, but I'm so excited about learning what he can still become!
Here's my favorite type of blog...a trip down memory lane (but in no particular order!) with some of my all-time favorite pictures...

The cousins (long before there was a Baby Sam!). Cooper was just a month past 2 years on this vacation to visit the Wilbourns! Kendall was 7 months! WOW!

Happy Birthday to two! Cooper got to celebrate his first year with his Great-Grandma Odie, who celebrates a birthday a day before him!

Funny story about this picture. It was taken just after we moved into our house, when Cooper was 11 months old. See those shorts? Our chubby little baby boy was wearing 18-24 months at that point. And just YESTERDAY, our picky little eater wore the very SAME shorts. Go ahead, laugh out loud!

Cooper at 4 months. I can't even begin to count how many times we've returned to this very same spot to skip rocks and set out on adventures in the woods!

Cooper at 3. In the mountains again and, obviously hating every minute of it! =)

I just love this picture. I love the kid, too, and the fact that he looks completely comfortable on the tennis court. But, I really, really love the picture! He's so cool!

Daddy gets a turn to convince Cooper to take up
his sport.
.JPG)
This is one of my top 10 photos, ever. Once again, we're in Daphne. The kid loves the water, what can we say?!
Cooper-Dooper...You are the absolute LOVE of our life (a title you, quite obviously, share with your sister) and every single day you make us laugh hysterically, you fill our hearts with amazing joy and you make us realize what pure happiness is all about. I tell you everyday and I will tell you everyday until you beg me to stop...You are my very, very favorite little boy in the whole entire world!! Happy 5th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment