Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick? Or Treat?

Right now, Blogspot is playing a trick on me and not allowing me to move my pictures. So, we have a long blog full of pictures, most of which are not in any order whatsoever. Hopefully it will be a treat to see. SuperGirls have to protect their super powers from the evil raindrops! What a wet and gloomy Halloween it was! Our church fall celebration was the Wednesday before Halloween and soooo much fun. There was a great mixture of superheros, characters and one little cat no one could quite catch!

Superheros of one kind and another.

This is the "old" spiderman costume Cooper has had for a year now. His new one, with "muscles" hadn't come in the mail yet as of Wednesday but he was okay with wearing this one. This was the real Halloween costume which arrived around 2PM on Saturday via the USPS, only about 5 days late. However, Cooper didn't put it on until about 9PM Halloween night. We had trick-or-treaters of every kind at our house on Saturday. Some were scary, some were funny and some were just weird!
This was the site you saw at our door on Halloween night. Not only are all three candy-givers cute as can be, the two older ones gave each trick-or-treater approximately 8 pieces of candy. Each.
Baby SamSam the Sock Monkey.
About 10 minutes before our party guests arrived, we asked Cooper to go get his costume. He came out in this. Not Spiderman. But a UT football jersey, perfectly matching brown and orange pants proclaiming to be dressed as a "UT football player" for Halloween. I cannot repeat the thoughts I had at that moment, after all the worrying and planning for the Spiderman costume. I was able to get over it, though! However, I wish we could have prepared ahead of time with a new black jersey in honor of UT's big win over South Carolina on Saturday!
SuperGirl gets a lift from Vovo. Even superheros need a rest now and then!
It was soggy and scary on Saturday, and after a late night at the men's basketball exhibition game on Friday and then spooky cupcakes, slippery green slime, pounds and pounds of candy snuck in and lots of ghosts and goblins, the kids were T-I-R-E-D. I can only assume that pure sugar led to my kids screaming to no one in particular "HEY! Guys! We have candy over here!!" as loud as possible until well after 9PM on our front porch. Or perhaps it was the sugar Cooper had with his green peppers as his dinner that prompted him to eat strawberry NERDS off the floor, with his tongue. All the stimulation (and yes, I'm sure, sugar) was probably what caused Baby Sam to finally pass out around 9PM (no Aunt Emily, I swear I did not give Sam any candy!) and Cooper to fall asleep in his jersey and pj pants on the hardwood floor watching football. I finally forced Kendall to go to her bed at 10:30PM where she cried and begged to continue to watch the Vols play with Mommy.
Even me being me, it's really difficult to care about schedules or the nutritional value of a Tootsie Roll on days when the level of fun far exceeds our expectations!

No comments: