Monday, October 26, 2009

Titans vs Colts

Chip and I got tickets at the last minute for the Titans/Colts game in Nashville a few weeks ago. It hasn't quite been worth talking about until now...since we've been somewhat MIA in the blog world and need something to keep the wolves at bay who are loyal blog readers (all 6 or so of you). While the Titans were, like, 97-0 for the season (and remain that way still) we decided to go anyway. Luckily one of the girls at work, Tonya and her husband Jeremy were able to go with us. It didn't really matter that they are die-hard Colts fans, we pretty much knew there wasn't much to argue about with this game!
Smiling, before the game (obviously)
Tonya and Summer and the downtown Nashville lights...kinda.

It was cold. It was a night game so we got home (on a Monday morning) at 3:00AM. We had, naturally, the biggest glass-half-empty Titans fans EVER sitting directly behind us. I'm pretty sure their season tickets get addressed to "Mr. Billy Bad Mood" every year. To make matters worse, the Titans managed to cause about a dozen turn0vers but not a single touchdown the entire night. I can't remember the score, but the Titans lost. Big. So, it's always fun to go to a professional game of any sort, but this one wasn't quite as fun as it could have been. Like the Vols, before the Georgia game anyway, it's been a tough season for Titans fans.
And still smiling after the game. I think it was more of a delirious smile, part boredom, part glass-half-full to make the guy behind us angry, the rest was just us trying to keep warm. Yes, those are bunny ears.

This was as close as I could get to apologize to Peyton for all the horrible things I said, to his face, in college. Even though he didn't win a National Championship like he was supposed to (and Tee did, but whatever), I finally admit he was a great college player and is, quite obviously, a superb athelete still today. However, I still maintain that he surely has no recollection of my brief, but brutal confession of my true feelings for him back in 1997.

www.wildwebbs.blogspot.com

No comments: