Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Do we look like tourists, or what?"

We've taken a slight blogging hiatus and we send many apologies to those that care! Last week found Kendall and I with a serious case of Strep and it took most of the week to feel better. Only to find another Sunday night with a sore throat for me. The doctor okayed me with "simple" blisters on my throat on Monday but by today I was back at the doctor's office. For those that don't know, most of the schools in the county are closed for the flu and since the kids aren't in school, I'm fairly certain they were ALL at my doctor's office today. Eeeew!!!! I still have Strep and am starting my 12th day of antibiotics. UGH.
However, before the sore throat came back last weekend, we took a day trip to Gatlinburg. We woke up to rain and cancelled tennis matches and golf outings. So we decided to head to the aquarium until the rain stopped. We ate lunch, shopped, bought rock candy and fudge, took pictures on the streets of Gatlinburg and played putt-putt. After lunch and on our way to buy the candy, I had my camera around my neck, Chip had a backpack on and the kids were giddy with excitement of a place they've never really gotten to explore before. It was at this point I turned to Chip and said "Do we look like tourists right now, or what?"

You can't have a blog post about the aquarium without this shot. The fish in the background always crack me up...like they're posing for the the photo, too.
Daddy and Kendall in the aquarium "sunset"
A cute pose infront of "The Village" fountain
My cutie-pa-tootie
The kids got stuffed animals at the aquarium gift shop (whoever thought of the exit-thru-gift-shop idea is a financial genius, but definitely not a parent). However, neither animal was something we saw while at this particular aquarium! Kendall gives her pink dolphin a BIG kiss. Cooper's blue snake kept him warm in the Hard Rock Cafe during lunch where he mostly wore it around his neck like a true boa.
Cooper wouldn't pose at the restaurant entrance, but Kendall sure would! Kendall and the candy store! While Cooper and Daddy were visiting the facilities, Kendall was making a "popping noise" with her rock candy by sticking it in her mouth and then quickly pulling it out. Of course, it went flying across the courtyard towards a nice elderly couple and their dog. We bought another one. Naturally. Cooper seriously eating his candy. He was done with his in about 1 minute flat, while Kendall's still sits on our kitchen counter.I assume this requires no words, simply a point back in the direction of the title of this blog. I love this picture. It looks like Cooper is encouraging both Daddy and Kendall with their golf game. I think probably what he's really saying though is "HURRY UP, so I can hit!!!!!"To polish off our day as tourists, the kids played in the arcade. With our big ticket winnings we got a plastic back scratcher, a plastic bracelet, a bouncy ball and a sticker. Woohoo!

Sorry! The problem with being on blogger hiatus is that you usually get a super-long blog to follow!

No comments: