I can't stop myself from singing Christmas Carols... I'm sure Chip cannot wait for December 26th for that simple reason. December has been busy, busy, busy! We're working hard at the office and of course getting everything ready for the holiday. Here's a post-view of our December festivities thus far...it's what we've been doing while we've NOT been blogging!
Our traditional gingerbread house. This year was no different...The jury is still out on whether more candy landed on the house or the kids' mouths.
Cooper decided to be the shy one at the Junior Service League's Breakfast with Santa. I'm still so proud that I was part of that organization. However, it's still really nice to be able to walk in and not have to work! I still stand by the idea that this must be the BEST Santa ever!
We tried our hand at baking gingerbread men from scratch last weekend. They turned out yummy! The kids loved cutting out the shapes all by themselves!
They may have enjoyed decorating them even more...that meant more sprinkles and candy to eat!
Even though flowers were against the "no gifts" rule, I loved my anniversary roses from Chip! We enjoyed a wonderful day of doing anything we wanted! We finished our shopping, ate at PF Chang's, and watched two (count 'em! 2!!!) movies at home in the middle of the day, with the volume all the way up and in our pj's. Thanks to Mimi and Grandad for keeping the kids overnight so we could enjoy sleeping in, too!
The rest of the week will find us baking cupcakes for Baby Jesus, trying to figure out how to explain to our kids that Jesus probably could do without a Transformer for his birthday gift, saying goodbye to Elfis (our Elf on the Shelf), baking cookies for Santa, and spending oodles of wonderful, special time with lots of family, cousins, second cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles. The wrapping is done. The stockings will be hung by the chimney with care...We simply cannot wait! Happy holidays to you all!





1 comment:
Mood set. Your writing is a year 'round gift, Summer.
Post a Comment