Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

I wish I could come up with a better title than this, but since Cooper keeps calling all of his Halloween candy "trick or treat," I felt it was appropriate. It's been a very busy weekend, but mainly b/c of the holiday. I cannot express to you my new-found hatred of all things sugar. Sugar has brought a lot of difficulty to our lives this week since we have trick-or-treated four times. The kids want candy, everyday, all day, morning, noon and night. Cooper wakes up at 6:30Am and what does he ask for? Granola bar? OJ? Pancakes? Nope. Candy. Kendall asks for something only slightly different..."nandy." Halloween does nothing for diets, cavities, or our overall health. The only thing it does to the kids is get them so hyper even they don't know what to do with their energy. There is one, and only one, good thing that comes from this...patients. And even that is pretty much unethical to hope for. Anyway...here are some photos from our Fall Family Festival at church on Wednesday and Halloween last night at our house. Thanks to all our family that came over and enjoyed the evening with us. Although I do owe BIG thanks to Mimi, Grandad and Nene for handing out candy for us while we walked the neighborhood, I also have Mimi and Nene to thank for the kids not going to bed until 10PM b/c they got to have a sampling of several different candies they got last night! =) Oh well, what are Mimi's and Nene's for right?





Thanks to Mimi who worked really hard at making these costumes happen!!! It's been an idea of mine, I think, since our little Kendall Motor Oil advertisement was born!




The train at our Fall Festival at church was a little scary last year. It was again, when it hit a big bump and sent Cooper airborn, but mostly, it was a lot more fun this year!



I say, every good mechanic deserves her popcorn break!


The Webb Tire and Lube employees



Baby Sam, pre-lobster, when he was still a happy pumpkin.




If you can see him, this is Baby Sam as a lobster. Warm, but I think at the end of the night, he preferred the pumpkin outfit.




Kendall, taking the dump truck for a test drive, making sure her work was good.



This mechanic must have been on his lunch break...all smiles.




The rest of the Halloween pics will be on Snapfish. If you don't receive an invitation to view these Snapfish photos, please let me know and I will do it asap!

No comments: