Man I love this girl. This girl who just turned six years old! Something is fishy with my blog and I cannot upload any new pictures. I can, however, go back through my blog and insert pictures that I've used before. I don't mind one bit. I hope you don't either.
But 6?! SIX? That's, like, a real kid. A GIRL. Like a really sassy, pouty, knows-exactly-what-she-wants kinda GIRL. She's not a baby anymore. What.So.Ever. I mean, do you understand me here? Around the time my baby turned 6, she started kindergarten, got her first BFF necklace, changes her earrings by herself several times a week, reads books, and understands how to play board games like Monopoly and Battleship and Sorry. She loves school. Those of you that recieved a Christmas card already know this. I asked the kids to write one thing that they like or love so I could take a picture for our card. Kendall thought for about 1/4 of a second and then wrote "I love school." She loves to read and she REALLY loves to stay on green and never get in trouble. The earth will move, no doubt, if this girl ever has to move a card and get in trouble at school. At home... well, this is all about how great she is, so we'll just move on...
She loves to draw, loves to color (specifically, with Sharpies. I can't even tell you how much I hate that habit), loves to count by 2's and 5's and 10's and she loves to do her homework. When Cooper practices his spelling words or has to take some time in the evenings to read... Kendall does exactly the same. She still loves baby dolls and loves to dress-up. If she's missing for a few minutes, chances are the next time you see her she'll be decked out in a princess dress and crowns with wands and shoes and feathers and belts to boot. She loves the girl version of Legos because she loves her brother and he loves Legos. But girly ones are way more fun. With amazing passion, she hates to have her hair brushed but nearly cries when we offer to get it cut to her chin again. She's really good at getting herself up and dressed and ready on school mornings. She loves our dogs but only if they aren't trying to lick her to death while she's walking down the stairs. She loves the monkey bars... even when they give her disgusting little calluses on her hands. She loves to ride her scooter. Barefoot. =(
We still have a "secret" kiss at bedtime and she loves to dance with her Daddy. She says her favorite person in the world is her brother which, since I know this may change later, I do my best to tell her I think that is the greatest thing a mother could ever hear. Lucky for me she still loves to blow kisses and tell me I'm her best friend and that she loves me "all the way to Heaven's sky and back."
In no particular order... I present "my favorite little girl in the whole entire world"...




No comments:
Post a Comment