The part of the website we MISSED: "backrests available." Yup. That would have been nice to know. My lower back is surprisingly working this morning. The fact that I can even type is even more surprising. As we paddled for nearly 4 hours, I thought for sure we'd be spending the day inside today, nursing our sore muscles. And those sweet little dolphin breaths? Yah, that never happened. Never saw as much as a fin pop up out of the water. Our backs hurt, our hips hurt, our arms hurt and our rears REALLY hurt. I have this weird splotchy sunburn on my shoulders and the kids are each burnt in one small spot under their left eye? Go figure. We saw a few fish pop out of the water and we saw seagulls. Lots and lots of seagulls. That was it. That was all. But you know what? It was the BEST part of our vacation so far. The kids never whined and were so happy the entire time. It was a glorious day!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
A Day on the Water
The part of the website we MISSED: "backrests available." Yup. That would have been nice to know. My lower back is surprisingly working this morning. The fact that I can even type is even more surprising. As we paddled for nearly 4 hours, I thought for sure we'd be spending the day inside today, nursing our sore muscles. And those sweet little dolphin breaths? Yah, that never happened. Never saw as much as a fin pop up out of the water. Our backs hurt, our hips hurt, our arms hurt and our rears REALLY hurt. I have this weird splotchy sunburn on my shoulders and the kids are each burnt in one small spot under their left eye? Go figure. We saw a few fish pop out of the water and we saw seagulls. Lots and lots of seagulls. That was it. That was all. But you know what? It was the BEST part of our vacation so far. The kids never whined and were so happy the entire time. It was a glorious day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a ton o fun
Post a Comment