Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ducks with Daddy

For whatever reason, feeding the ducks is usually an activity reserved for Mommy time...after school, or when I'm not working. I suppose it could be because I'm often (ok, always) looking for things to do outside since the kids are normally on their best behavior in the great outdoors. However, recently Kendall had a doctor's appointment on a Friday afternoon to check the ear she's had an infection in for about a month now (don't get me started). Since our pediatrician's office is adjacent to the prime duck-feeding spots in Blount County, the four of us loaded up for a fun afternoon (side note: Kendall didn't think it was the most fun during the first half. She left the pediatrician's office with not one, but two bruises she gave herself while we were waiting. One from a wall, one from a chair. I wouldn't make this stuff up). We decided to walk and feed the ducks on a Blount County landmark...The Island. The Island is in the middle of a pond along the Greenbelt and has been, for as long as I can remember, the prime spot for feeding ducks. However, I have never taken our kids because, as I mentioned, I'm usually going alone. An "island" with water on 3 sides (yup, I know that means "peninsula") is hardly the place to have a 1:2 adult-child ratio. The ducks did not disappoint us and came to eat in full force. And my camera was working just fine, as you can tell...I took plenty of photos...

No comments: