Friday, May 22, 2009

Cooper's Birthday Part I

A four year old shouldn't have a one-day birthday like us old folks. His birthday started around Tuesday and seems to still be going strong. His final birthday celebration will be his official birthday party on Sunday at our house. On his actual birthday, Chip had a 2 o'clock cancellation and got to come with me to bring a cookie cake to Cooper's class. Grammy got to come, too and Cooper was THRILLED to see us there. What a surprise! I'm attempting Cooper's actual birthday cake for his "Monster Truck Party" so I enlisted the help of the Cookie Company for the pre-party cake.
Cooper and Lydia, all smiles before the sugar rush
The caption should read: "YIPPEE! We won the real-life version of the video game classic, Frogger!" Miss Joy was sweet enough to trust us with Drew's life as we crossed a busy road to go feed ducks. It took my mom and I about 10 minutes and lots of false starts before we gained enough courage to cross the road with three little ones. Cooper's comment while we waited to cross: "Mommy, if we got in the road, a car would run over us and we would be dead and the tow truck would have to come and take us away!" While obviously a Lightening McQueen reference, I still don't know if that's funny or not.

Between my mom and I we had a grocery bag filled to the brim with old bread. This was way more than enough to feed the fish. Yes, fish. They ate more bread than the ONE duck that graced us with his presence at the park that day. OK, per Cooper. His teacher had told him at a class picnic that "ducks are dirty, they have germs." So Cooper wasn't too very excited about seeing a lot of ducks anyway!
If only I could figure out the secret to "all eyes on the camera!"

My sweet, sweet girl. I love this picture. Once again, more proof my children are at their happiest outdoors.Baby Sam was there, too! Thank goodness because the kids loved playing with all of his toys and emptying his diaper bag!!My happy birthday boy! Imitating Sam's cool truck!

More birthday news to come...later on Cooper's Day, we visited GG and Papa because the strawberry patch (our original birthday plan after the park) was closed, Cooper got a super cool birthday present, finally the strawberry patch, a birthday walk with a Mayor, and much more. Not to mention the big monster truck party to come...

No comments: