Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Princess, Pirates & Pals

As part II of our weekend, we attended the Junior Service League of Maryville's 2nd annual Princess, Pirates and Pals Pancake Breakfast. This was my first year as a "sustainer" of JSL, which translates into "I didn't have to work the event!" The kids didn't go last year because I had to dress as Sleeping Beauty and entertain the other 400 people in attendance, along with my other Princesses and Pals. Having a 1 year old and a 2 year old at an event like that probably wasn't on Chip's long-time wish list. However, this year was different and we enjoyed the event as a family. Cooper was ALL BOY that morning and was staring in wonder at Batman, Spiderman, Darth Vader and Captain Hook, among others.

Earlier in the morning we tried on EVERY costume we had which includes, but is not limited to: two pirate costumes, Spiderman, Indian Jones, a fireman, a policeman, Princesses of every color, and 2 fairies. After an hour of costume changes (I wish I was kidding), Kendall wanted nothing to do with the Princess dresses and insisted on wearing a tutu...her white one, not even the pink one!! I made her at least wear a Minnie Mouse t-shirt with her plain, boring tutu! Cooper decided last minute that he didn't want to wear the Spiderman costume he had been talking about for two days, but to wear one of the pirates instead.
Cooper and Spiderman's apprentice...Jaden.
Kendall with Princess Shannon, aka Snow White
Cooper wanted to have NOTHING to do with sweet Giselle (Nicole). He only had eyes for the big, bad superheros!
Our dear friends Emma and Madelyn came by to see us! They make the most fun princesses!


Kendall is saying "where's your costume, Drew?"

"Arrrrgh! Maties!"

In true JSL fashion, they rolled out the red carpet for all their A-List Princess, Pirates and Pals! Can't wait for next year!

No comments: